Skip to main content

ATTITUDE

Well i was having a hot shower in the morning(all showers are hot whether its morning or night in Chennai though) and i was thinking about what some George F.Burns said, " i honestly think its better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate...". I have this quote written in my wall above my PC and my family often gives a wry smile seeing it. I wonder whether they understand it. geek...they do and so only they manage a smile. I was thinking why people never do what they like. What could happen at the max? they would be utter failure, they would be damned by all. People would laugh at them, they would starve to complete their life. Seems a bit bad fortune isn't it. but common, why do u ever care about people smiling sarcastically at you? they smile at everyone. They mock you but deep inside i can assure you that they ll see you as a hero who lived his own life. Its their ego that doesn't let them accept that they are failures who failed to live their dream and that vents out as criticism at you. At next thing, i have more often heard about this term called SUCCESS. what do you think is success? having a car? boasting the best villa in the town? being a great actor who acted all his life in the office to be at the top post? i always think people overrate Shakespeare and believe him. may be that why they took his words "all the world's a stage" a little too seriously. thats why they act all through their lives not only their part but also the part  others expect them to live.

Give me a break. There is always two methodologies in life, the first kind (type1) always say, "i went towards my goal. " and the way their life would end up is they either achieved it got screwed up. There is yet another kind of people(type2) who always say, "i wished i had done that, but..." and "my situation was such that i couldn't go for it". And they mostly lived a settled life the society defines. But at the end of their heart they ll sulk, cry, bang every time when they see someone persuading his dream with the freedom of an eagle flying towards the horizon. I don't know which type i am yet, but the real reason for me writing all this is i love sharing my ideas (not imposing them though) and so i am sharing this. If at least i manage to change one person reading this from type2 to type1, then i would ve achieved what i wrote this for. And if this blog is not read by anyone and thrashed, i wont sulk, i ll be happy that i at least tried to change it. Thats attitude man...live by it...      

Comments

  1. Nalla oraikara maathri soluda..
    Guys understand the type2 and change now atleast..

    ReplyDelete
  2. gud man!..keep gng!!..let d best be wid u always!!..keep rocking..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Balasubramaniam thanku for ur wishes..;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My 10 years in Application Development

It's been around 10 years since I started programming. May be a bit more, if I have to include my first attempts at C programming in school. But it would be a grave insult to call remembering ten lines of code and just replicating it to put a star on the screen. I also did a course on Visual basic, but it was more gimmicks that Application development. But it was truly in the year 2007 when I started my Master in Computer Applications that I found a new flare for developing applications. 
I was very late to computers in general and even when I joined my Masters, computers were not really accessible to me. But when I joined my Masters where one is actually expected to hone the skills which they already have, but in case it was were I was learning the skills, initially it was very difficult. I was not sure what computers had for me nor I had a natural flair for programming. But the thing about computers that attracted me was the visual medium it gave. Initially it was just a door t…

Changing Timezone in Postgresql, Ubuntu

Timezone and locale are integral concepts that one should be aware of when implementing a System. For example. if you create a database in PostgreSql, it will use the default System settings for the database. Lets say you have a server in UK and your client is US. If the client tries to retrieve the current date or time, it is going to show the UK time and not the US one.
Today I encountered a different issue in our client place where the Ubuntu timezone and PostgreSql timezone were showing a incorrect values. Instead of Indian Standard Time (IST) it was showing Pacific Daylight Time(PDT). These are the steps that I followed to change the timezone to IST in PostgreSql and Ubuntu.
Changing timezone in Ubuntu:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdataYou will be prompted to choose the continent and then the area. Provided screen shots where we configure the location.
Use TAB key to navigate to the OK button and then press Enter.

The changes will get reflected immediately. To check it you can open a n…

கிறுக்கனின் கிறுக்கல்கள் - அழுகையின் சிறப்பு

அழுகை என்பதை வெறுத்தவன் நான்... என்னை ஒரு நாள் பிரிந்திருக்க முடியாமல் , கைப்பேசியில் நீ சிந்திய உன் கண்ணீர் ஓசை என் காதில் கேட்கும் வரை...

பின்குறிப்பு: கிறுக்கனின் கிறுக்கல்கள் எங்கிருந்தோ தழுவப்பட்டது போல் தோன்றினால் கிறுக்கன் ( நான் உண்மையை ஏற்றுக்கொள்பவன்..:) ) பொறுப்பல்ல. கிறுக்கனின் கிறுக்கல்களில் வரும் கிறுக்கல்கள் யாவும் என் சிறய மூளையில் உதித்ததே ஆகும்.  Inspirations could have been drawn from somewhere else, but its the execution that counts....Isn't it ?