Skip to main content

Both ends of a knife (Part -3 )

Now the time he spent in his home was really little where he slept in the nights after his dinner which also many days he finished in geet’s home itself. His dad was in a mnc but in the D-grade which meant he had to work lot to run the family. So ram never got to talk to him or play with him and they were together only when he took them for beach or cinema. And ram was afraid of him because the only time he spoke much with him was when he had to get his progress card signed. With all his hard work and troubles the only results his dad expected was ram’s marks. So he was naturally disappointed always at ram’s marks. It took many years for ram to realize his feelings but by that time it was bit too late.


Ram also always had the habit of trying to please all. He always thought and believed he can make anyone happy as he was not much happy about the way his life was going. After ram had reached eighth grade the friendship between him and geet was put under scrutiny by some of his fellow mates and it was mainly because of jealousy as geet was one of the natural gorgeous girls in the class. Ram didn give a damn about it though, his only aim was to keep his geet happy. Though ram’s control over his body had not grown much he was still able to run slowly now and he was now seen playing cricket outside (with boys for a change).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 10 years in Application Development

It's been around 10 years since I started programming. May be a bit more, if I have to include my first attempts at C programming in school. But it would be a grave insult to call remembering ten lines of code and just replicating it to put a star on the screen. I also did a course on Visual basic, but it was more gimmicks that Application development. But it was truly in the year 2007 when I started my Master in Computer Applications that I found a new flare for developing applications. 
I was very late to computers in general and even when I joined my Masters, computers were not really accessible to me. But when I joined my Masters where one is actually expected to hone the skills which they already have, but in case it was were I was learning the skills, initially it was very difficult. I was not sure what computers had for me nor I had a natural flair for programming. But the thing about computers that attracted me was the visual medium it gave. Initially it was just a door t…

Changing Timezone in Postgresql, Ubuntu

Timezone and locale are integral concepts that one should be aware of when implementing a System. For example. if you create a database in PostgreSql, it will use the default System settings for the database. Lets say you have a server in UK and your client is US. If the client tries to retrieve the current date or time, it is going to show the UK time and not the US one.
Today I encountered a different issue in our client place where the Ubuntu timezone and PostgreSql timezone were showing a incorrect values. Instead of Indian Standard Time (IST) it was showing Pacific Daylight Time(PDT). These are the steps that I followed to change the timezone to IST in PostgreSql and Ubuntu.
Changing timezone in Ubuntu:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdataYou will be prompted to choose the continent and then the area. Provided screen shots where we configure the location.
Use TAB key to navigate to the OK button and then press Enter.

The changes will get reflected immediately. To check it you can open a n…

Apps to install after installing Ubuntu

Here are the list of apps that I almost use on a day to day basis. This blog will be updated with the apps in the subsequent versions.

Docky (MAC like doc)Nylas N1 (Email client)SkypeVimPathogen package managerTwitvimNERDTreeSublime TextVLC Media PlayerSSHUnity tweak toolOpenbravo ERP stackJavaAntPostgresqlTomcatEclipse IndigoNode.js (useful for many plugins)Google ChromeNoobs Labs Ubuntu themes and iconsTeamviewerFogger App