Changing User Interface modes in Openbravo 3.0
OpenbravoERP 3.0 has brought a radical change to its User interface in its latest release 3.0. But like ardent developers I felt the 2.50 User Interface to be more suited for rapid development and I like the 2.50-3.0 Compatibility User interface for regular working. The buttons and the overall setup was pretty cool in it. Just when I thought there was no way to switch back, I came across this wiki linkhttp://wiki.openbravo.com/wiki/ERP/3.0/Developers_Guide/How_To_Switch_to_Classic_Mode.
Though by default the users are provided with the 3.0 user interface, they have the option of reverting to the 2.50 User Interface mode or the 2.50-3.0 compatibility mode.I will present a simple screen shot of each mode and discuss its pro's and con's.2.50 User Interface Mode:
- Clean User Interface.
- Classic left side menus
- Limited space for actual content
- Design pretty old
- Not much suitable for fast editing
- Web based look
- Clean UI, more space for actual content
- Widgets for integrating other web services
- Not suitable for fast editing
- Menu structures are difficult to fathom for 2.50 users.
- Edit in grid.
- View child simultaneously.
- Data operations like excel, formulae, adding runtime columns
- User configurable widgets for Ob data.
- Buttons on top are little unclear at times when they have to be done in a sequence
- The buttons errors out many times when tried in form mode. Works properly in grid mode.
- The form alignment is still messy when there are more fields with display logics involved(compared to the other 2 versions)
- Not Developer friendly (I did not find the field sequence tab at all, at times edit in grid did not save, when i tried deleting multiple values it shows success, but records are not deleted)